Not indicate correct answer when showing score at end of survey | XM Community
Solved

Not indicate correct answer when showing score at end of survey

• 22 August 2018
  • 7 replies

I've set up the survey as a multiple choice quiz. I would like students to know which questions they had wrong (because they can retake the entire quiz - although their questions may vary because they are a random selection from a block). When showing the score at the end though, for each question, the correct answer is in green and the incorrect answer they chose is shown in red. I don't want there to be an indication of what the correct answer is. It would be fine if all they they saw was the question stem (and not the answer choices) and just whether they were correct or incorrect for that question.

Is there a way to do this?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 August 2018, 08:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @jc7
You can create a new page where you can Pipe the Survey questions and their selected answers and you can check with conditions if the answer is right and display it. As far as i know it is not possible to Edit the Scoring page to disable the right option.
Thanks for the suggestion of how to accomplish this.. That is probably further than what I want to do right now because I’ll be doing this for a number of surveys and am trying to automate it as much as possible.

It sounds like this would need set up manually for each individual question, correct?
Hello @jc7 ,

Paste the following code to the look and feel -> advanced -> add custom css

.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Icon {
width: 18px;
height: 17px;
float: left;
margin-right: 5px;
display:none;
}

.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Selected .Incorrect, .Skin .Grading .Incorrect {
color: #bf8d8d;
}

.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Selected .Incorrect, .Skin .Grading .Incorrect {
color: #000;
}
.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Incorrect {
}
.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Selected {
font-weight: 100;
}
.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Correct {
}

.Skin .Grading .ChoiceStructure .Selected .Correct, .Skin .Grading .Correct {
}

Now the above code will remove all the indications and only score for each question will be displayed. If the score is 0 then it is wrong else right

See the image below!
Hello @jc7 ,

If you don't want the score then please do the following:

Step1:Paste the following code to the look and feel -> advanced -> add custom css

}

}

}
}
}
}

}

Step 2: Paste the attach code(img_script.txt) in look and feel -> advanced -> header(edit) -> html view(<>)!

Output
!
Thank you for the two different ways of doing it.
Badge

Dear All,
I am here seeking for your precious advise!
I have a similar situation, and I tried using the HTML code mentioned above but it does not work : ( Perhaps something has changed in the last 5 years?... So my question is: "I've set up the survey as a multiple choice quiz. I would like students to know which questions they had wrong (because they can retake the entire quiz - although their questions may vary because they are a random selection from a block). When showing the score at the end though, for each question, the correct answer is in green and the incorrect answer they chose is shown in red. I don't want there to be an indication of what the correct answer is. It would be fine if all they saw was the question stem (and not the answer choices) and just whether they were correct or incorrect for that question.
Is there a way to do this?"
Thanks a lot....

Badge

I added the code below from previous answer to Look and Feel - Style - Custom CSS.
At the end of survey I can see the total points earned and points for each question (0/1 or 1/1 etc) but the correct answer isn't highlighted in green. Would be great to see the "0/1" in red as a quick visual to find which questions were missed. If anyone knows how to do that please share :)

}

}

}
}
}
}