Creating sub-blocks | XM Community
Solved

Creating sub-blocks

• 8 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
Hello,

I need to create sub-blocks and I could not find how to do it. I saw one similar question and solution, I tried to apply and failed it:(.

My survey: I do have 20 blocks in which I want participants to rate male images and each block includes 2 questions; and I have another 20 blocks in which I want participants to rate female images and again each block contains 2 questions.

What do I want? I want participants to see/rate male blocks and female blocks separately and the order (whether they rate fe/male block first) should be random.

Thank you very much in advance for any solution advice!

Best,
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 8 September 2018, 18:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This can be done with the help of randomizer, here is the documentation on randomizer...
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/randomizer/

Below are the steps to implement:

- Have your gender question in its own (separate) block
- Then in survey flow after gender block add a branch logic on the gender question
- If the user is Male then
Add a randomizer and place all male block into it. (In randomly present box put the number which equals to the number of blocks which you want to show)
- If the user is Female then
Add a randomizer and place all female block into it. (In randomly present box put the number which equals to the number of blocks which you want to show)

Hope this helps.
Badge +2
Hello,

Thank you very much, but I am misunderstood:(.

Each participant will rate both male and female images; I only want to show female images (20 blocks) at once, and then male images (20 blocks). The order of it (whether they rate female photos first or male photos first) will be randomized.

Do you know a solution to that?

Best,
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ok then you can use "Grouping element"

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/grouping-elements-in-the-survey-flow/

So, you will have one randomizer "with 2" in the text box then put all male blocks in one group and female blocks in female groups... both these group should be in same randomizer
Badge +2
Hello,

It worked! Thank you very much

Best,

Leave a Reply