Search & replace within survey flow | XM Community
Solved

Search & replace within survey flow

• 4 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I have a survey with a VERY long survey flow where I need to do a “search & replace” on a phrase I have in defining the value of an embedded data field that occurs more than 200 times in more than 200 different branches throughout the flow (i.e. I don’t want to change it 200+ times by hand). I found a Chrome browser plug-in that allowed me to do search & replace within the survey flow page—it seemed to work—made the replacements, but then when I clicked on “Save Flow”, nothing happens and it never saves, even if I wait forever. Any ideas on a way I can automate making all these replacement in the survey flow? I cannot end up with a different copy of my survey, however, as I'm already in-field and using many versions of the existing anonymous survey link. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 4 October 2018, 19:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can try search and replace under tool menu
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There is no out of box feature for this in Qualtrics...

And, since the survey is live so, below step won't work as well...but if the survey was not live then you could follow below step (note: If you have ticketing feature, then the follow-up question won't get included in the QSF)

- Export the QSF file
- Open up in any editor (Notepad ++)
- Find and replace the value of the embedded data
- Save it
- Create a new project (from file)
- Import the QSF file.
Badge +1
There is no access to the search & replace or the tools menu on the survey flow. I need to do search & replace within the survey flow. But a friend of mine who's a javascript expert is figuring out a way to do it via javascript for me

Leave a Reply