Hide box for other language | XM Community
Solved

Hide box for other language

• 17 October 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi all,

I would like to develop a questionnaire in two languages. In each question, there will be two boxes, one for each language. Will it be possible for me to only show one box (representing one particular language) and hide the other? So, when my participant wants to look at other languages they can press a bottom (for example) which then unhide the other box containing the other language.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Sherly
icon

Best answer by TomG 17 October 2018, 15:12

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
you can add display logic on both box using your language variable (like Q_Language)
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Bansal,
Thank you for your reply. Can you elaborate it more or do you have any thread on how I can try the logic?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Read below

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/display-logic/
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Bansal,
Thank you for your information.
From that thread, it means that I need to put another choice to ask them "click here for another language". That will be a problem for me, which means I need to set "multiple answer" to enable them to click that choice which I don't want to. The one that I want is like they can "click below to another language" but not written in the choice. Any information on hiding box or something like that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Sherly,

Why not just use the built-in Qualtrics translation functionality? It already does what you are asking about.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Tom, thank you for your response. I am not familiar with built-in Qualtrics translation. But I thought for that one, it means that they will translate my survey literally, am I right? or can I set the translated version there?
Thank you,
Best regards,
Sherly
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Sherly - It means you can set-up the translation, it doesn't do the translation for you (although I think they offer that as a service).

I should have included this link:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/translate-survey/
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for the useful link.
That's not the one that I want as well. By using that feature, it means that the participants will choose which one they want to use, and I believe the questionnaire will only show in the language that they choose.
For me, I plan to develop my questionnaire which only contained one language. If they do not understand that particular language, they will click/ press one bottom (for example), to show them another language that helps them understand the question. I am not sure in Qualtrics if there is a feature like this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Sherly,

There is a drop box at the top right of every page, and respondents can switch back and forth between languages as much as they want on every page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
There is no such feature. In that case I suggest you program 2 blocks of questions one in one language and other in different language. And intialy ask them a question which language you would like to take survey.

Based on there selection redirect them to correct block. Later on you can move your data to one set of variable or can keep seperate.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Thank you Tom for the explanation. Will try it and see. Thank you!

Leave a Reply