Multi choice, multi answer with text | XM Community
Solved

Multi choice, multi answer with text

• 19 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi, I would like to have a multi choice text question with the ability to add a comment to each answer, and also to allow a user to select and fill in multiple options. I can get multi-select to work with no text, but when I have text boxes too it forces a single option and throws this error:

!

Any suggestions?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 1 November 2018, 21:16

View original

7 replies

PS it is definitely set to 'multiple answers'
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You have to change your question from single answer to multiple answer if you want user to select multiple answers.

Also if user input something in open end box for any option they must have to select that option ( in your screenshot error showing user inputted value in box but not selected option)

You can make open end box nonmanadatory that is user can select option and can move forward without inputting in corresponding text area.
It is set to multiple answers, and that's fine when I don't also have an 'allow text entry' option selected for the answer. Are you saying that if I have 'allow text entry' selected, I can no longer have multiple answers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
It will remain multi on allowing text entry too
It doesn't though, that's my issue. As soon as I enable text entry on the answer options, it requires one option only be selected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Can you share your qsf file.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Jo_Bailey! If you have not yet already, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team, as they will be able to work with you to setup the correct Validation.

Leave a Reply