Select Multi-Answer Drop Down List | XM Community
Solved

Select Multi-Answer Drop Down List

• 24 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
I have a Matrix Table, Profile, Drop Down List. Each list has unique categories, but I want a user to have the ability to select multiple answers. Any idea how to do this? I know I can do the Matrix Table, Profile, Multiple Answer, but some answers will have only 3 and others will have up to 8 options to choose from.
I like the Multiple Selection Box option, but I will have multiple categories that I want customers to review and I want them to all be within the same question.
I currently have this javascript to only show Scale Points if the option is not blank.

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" select option:first-child").text("Select one");

jQuery("#"+ this.questionId + " option").each(function () {
if (jQuery(this).text().length < 2) {
jQuery(this).hide();
}
});

});
icon

Best answer by TomG 11 December 2018, 19:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Look at this and this discussion on Stack Overflow.
You might be able to use their ideas to change the original Qualtrics drop-down list or at least to define the desired element on your own using HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@gsheppar,

Unfortunately, if you change the selects to multi-selects with JavaScript, Qualtrics won't record the answers correctly.

You can do this using a Text Entry form and select2. You will end up with a comma separated list of choices for each drop down.

Here is a demo using U.S. States as answers (just because I already had a similar script to pick U.S. States in a contact form).

TomG, your preview looks like exactly what I want to implement, but how did you integrate select2 with a Text Entry form? Where did you put your US States data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41955#Comment_41955This thread is rather old, so I might do it differently today. However, the answers to your questions are (1) use a select2 version prior to 4.1 and (2) in a JS object.

Badge +1

Hi, I have added Drilldown and dropdown questions in my form. I need to allow users to select more than one options in both dropdown and in drilldown how can I do it?

Leave a Reply