Can an email embedded question translate based on the email contact language? | XM Community
Solved

Can an email embedded question translate based on the email contact language?

• 25 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
I have a couple challenges. I trigger email surveys from a Salesforce Integration and would like to ensure the survey is presented in the language of the recipient. Today it is English only and I'm trying to avoid having to create separate surveys for each language. To complicate matters, the initial survey question is embedded in the email sent to the recipient. I don't mind have different Salesforce triggers for each langauge but not sure if there is away to accomplish this. Suggestions?
icon

Best answer by MsIreen 7 November 2018, 14:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Mra We have a custom field which is automatically populated depending on the contact language info and transforms the language name into the language code supported by Qualtrics. It is picked up by SF when triggering the survey in Qualtrics.
Badge +2
Thank you for your answer @MsIreen.

I have similar problem. When we send a survey from Qualtrics Survey Send button in Salesforce, a Contact list is created in Qualtrics but there are only an amount of fields that are travelling from contacts to Qualtrics, so we never get the Qualtrics Language field populated and the email invite is send in the survey default language.

How do you get the Salesforce language field travelling to Qualtrics Language field?

Thanks and regards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@César We have the field Language ISO in SF that transforms the language on SF Object into the Qualtrics code and we pass it on
Badge +2
@MsIreen, we have the same field in SF, but it is not passing on when we use the Qualtrics Survey Send button, because I think SF only pass on Qualtrics Contact lists some fields, not the custom fields that are created in SF:

sfSurveyID
sfContactId
sfAccountId
sfName
sfAccount
sfTitle
sfBirthdate
sfHomePhone
sfMobilePhone
sfOtherPhone
sfMailingStreet
sfMailingCity
sfMailingState
sfMailingPostalCode
sfMailingCountry
sfOtherStreet
sfOtherCity
sfOtherState
sfOtherPostalCode
sfOtherCountry
sfHasOptedOutOfEmail
sfDoNotCall
sfOrgCompany
ExternalDataRef

So I'm going to try to use one of this fields that is not going to be used for anything and fixing the problem, at least in a very first time, later I need to map Language with this new field.

Thanks and regards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Interesting, I can see it
!

Leave a Reply