Constant Sum - Must Total Question | XM Community
Solved

Constant Sum - Must Total Question

• 14 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
I would like to ask a common sum question where the total equals the number from a previous question, but one of the options is 7 or more. So we ask them how many people are there - then have responses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or more. Then the next question we ask them to break down the total number of people into
age groups. I would like the total to equal the number, but if it's 7 or more, then I would like it to be at least 7, but not limited to 7. Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 14 November 2018, 21:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Which question type are you using to accept the age group?

Is it something like "Person 1" --> Dropdown list for age range... likewise for remaining persons?
Badge +3
The first question asks number of people present. Tnext question is set up as a common sum question with number of kids under 7, kids age 7-13, kids age 14-17, etc. Then they should enter the number of people in each age group, which hopefully I can force the respondent to equal the number from the previous question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You will have to use JavaScript to achieve this. Since custom validation does not give access to "total" value for the constant sum question

Here is the text url:
https://qimpl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_6lllbnujclHmHWt?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview

Also, attached is the qsf (the first question is the numeric question).
Badge +3
Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

I am facing a similar challenge in one of my surveys. @MohammedAli_Rajapkar can you share the QSF file here? Unable to view it in the above post.

Sincerely,

Sumesh S

Leave a Reply