Is it possible to write a html form that posts submitted data to Qualtrics? | XM Community
Question

Is it possible to write a html form that posts submitted data to Qualtrics?

• 1 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to use html forms to submit Qualtrics surveys? I’d like to use Qualtrics for submitting forms, storing data and doing analysis, but the formatting of the intercepts/iframe are kind of a nightmare. Specifically the way iframes handle the vertical space. I'm trying to avoid vertical scroll bar within the iframe or intercept target, both require a fixed height.

I was thinking I could just write some html that posts the results to the survey it will save me a bunch of time trying to restyle an iframe/target, and I question if its even possible to do without making design compromises

Ex:
<form action="Qualtrics-url-to-post.com" method="post" name="survey">
<input label="Question1" name="Question1" onclick="return empty()" placeholder="Email Address" type="email">
<input value="Submit" type="submit">
</form>

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You could just link directly to a Qualtrics Survey (not in an iframe). In essence, a survey is a series of html forms.

Other than that, you can use the Qualtrics API to import responses. You would have to convert your input into a csv before importing.
Thanks @TomG i'm looking to have the integration seamless into my design. Not a _blank window. Ex !

The challenge is, if I have conditional logic on the page or error fields, it will push the form down, below the iframe/intercept height. Either engaging a scroll bar or if I hide it, it would then push the form button below the window, clipping the button. If I coudl control the HTML within my page, rather then within Qualtrics, it would solve the problem.

Leave a Reply