4 Survey in One? and how does quota limitation works | XM Community
Solved

4 Survey in One? and how does quota limitation works

• 11 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi Everyone,

So I am working with manipulated movie trailer with and their background music. So I put 4 different music into 4 same movie trailers. There are 3 Movie trailers. So in total, there are 12 movie trailers.
Depends on their type of music, I divided them into 4 block surveys. So in every each block there will be 3 movie trailers.

I need 20 participants for every survey. So when the maximum quota has reached, that survey not be available. I have been trying some tricks with "quota" but it seems I need help.

What I have done so far is:
1. I have made 4 blocks survey
2. I have made the question about which survey that participant want to pick
3. I have made display logic for every block.

my question:
1. How to put quota limit on survey option? survey set 1, survey set 2, survey set 3, survey set 4. Can I make it so the participant can see the quota limit in every choice?
2. What I learned in quota page is you can end the survey when the quota has reached. But I want to put quota on four choices, so when one survey option has reached the maximum quota, it will not end the survey until all of survey option reached the quota. I can say that I want to make multiple quotas in my survey. Is that possible to do?
3. I put the survey options in question, is that right thing to do? or I should put them on a different part?
4. Can I do it in one project instead of making four projects? if its possible I want to stick with one project

I really need help.
Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by Kate 11 December 2018, 14:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
For the technical "how to do it", you're on the right track with Question #4:
Rather than creating separate surveys, establish them as different blocks of the same survey. You can still use the quota function to count your users. But rather than edit the survey, or prevent new responses, you can hide/show blocks.

Re: your question #3: that method works great if you want them to be able to see their options and choose. Alternatively, you could consider randomly assigning users to a set of questions. I would say that this alternative method is more of the "standard practice", but it totally depends on your individual goals and needs.

Showing users the quota counts so far is not something I'm familiar with how to do! But if you made this a random assignment rather than a "choose your set" type of survey, you would not need to display a quota to your respondents.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Ragz I set up a project (attached) that I think will get to what you are wanting to achieve. I assume the four surveys you have are all the same music with the three different trailers.

You will want to check out the Survey Flow (embedded data Selection is used to get you into the right radomizer according to what blocks the quotas have not been filled on and to only allow you into one of those branches, randomizer is used to pick the blocks as @Kate suggested).

You can also go into Quotas under tools to see how it is set. There is a counter for each block and a Total quota to stop future responses once everything is full. You may end up with some over quotas if there are a lot of people taking it at once or if someone starts before the server is able to refresh. This project file was downloaded when the quotas were full so you will have to rest them for testing.

The first block with the descriptive text question is used only for testing to keep track that the quotas were tallying properly and that Selection was resetting at the start of every survey.
@Kate
Thanks a lot for your response.
I ended up by putting a quota display logic on every each survey set. When the quota has reached, that option will not be available. I put some words to explain this in my survey.
Is this the right thing to do?
and Yes I want them to see the options. But I do not describe the contents of these options.
@bstrahin
Thank you so much for your explanation.
Conversely, it will be one trailer with four different kinds of music. So there will be four same trailers with different music. and there will be 3 different movie trailer. in the end, there will be 12 movie trailer.

Indeed I want my participant to get a different kind of music for 3 movie trailers by randomize the flow. I will check the survey flow for sure.

and about the movie trailer and the question about it. should I put them in the same block or separate block?

Best regards,
Raggil
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Ragz attached is the changes I would make based on flipping. If you have questions please feel free to directly message me.

Leave a Reply