Community Rules & Guidelines
Community Rules & Guidelines
Treat others with civility, respect, and empathy - just don’t be rude.
The Qualtrics community is a shared community resource - a place to share knowledge, skills, and experience through ongoing conversation. Let’s work together to build a collaborative environment and ensure everyone feels welcome to participate and contribute.
- Posts that we find to be hateful, inflammatory, or harassing will be removed - if you don’t have something nice to say, don't say it.
- Avoid name-calling, personal attacks, and anything else that would make other users feel unwelcome.
- It is OK to disagree - but be sure to criticize ideas, not people.
Keep it organized - every post has a home.
Do your best to put content in the correct place so that others can easily find your posts. This way everyone can spend more time in the community discussing solutions instead of cleaning up.
- Choose clear and concise titles for your questions and posts.
- Search for your question before posting it to make sure it hasn’t already been asked.
- Post your questions in the correct category and include relevant tags on your post.
- Stay on topic within a post - if you want to talk about something else, create a new one.
Improve the discussion - the more you give, the more you get back.
Work with us to ensure this community is a great place for discussion by always doing your best to enhance the conversation either with comments of your own or feedback on other’s posts.
- Use the “Unanswered Questions” section to identify areas where you can show off your expertise and contribute valuable content to the community.
- If you can’t find a question, ask away! There is no such thing as a bad question in the Qualtrics Community (unless it has already been asked); users of any experience level are encouraged to participate.
- Provide full, complete, and reproducible information so community members can answer your question.
- Upvote, downvote, and react to other members’ posts to give feedback.
- Update your notifications on your “Profile” page to ensure that you don’t miss relevant posts.
Make meaningful connections - you never know who you’re gonna meet.
Qualtrics users are a brilliant group. Trust us, our team learns something new from you all every day! We built this community to provide a space where all of our users can connect and share ideas, use cases, experiences, and custom solutions about how they use Qualtrics. Take advantage - leverage the cumulative knowledge of this group to power your own success.
- Fill out your entire profile to give others a sense of your expertise and experience when they are reading your posts - the more information, the better. Your email will be hidden by default and will only be made public if you choose to make it public.
- Contact others in the community by either mentioning them in a post with the @ symbol or sending them a message directly from your inbox.
If you see something, say something - be our eyes and ears.
The Qualtrics team of administrators will be monitoring the community to make sure content is easy to find and everyone is following the guidelines outlined here. However, there are a lot more of you than there are of us, so be sure to send any feedback or comments our way!
- Use the “Flag” button on any post that you believe is inappropriate or out of place and our administrators will review it.
- Send any feedback about how we can improve the community experience to our team using the “Feedback” tab in the bottom-right corner of the screen on any page in the community.
We do not verify any community member offering up his or her services in exchange for any type of compensation.
- You as a community member are able to publicly offer your services on a post or within the Job Postings / Freelance category, and then move the conversation to a private message as needed.
- By working with a community member, you will do so at your own risk. We do recommend you look at a user's rank (established through our Rank & Reward program) and their history of comments. Be sure to ask for a LinkedIn profile, or do some research on your own before teaming up!
- You as a community member are not allowed to send unsolicited direct, private messages offering your services to other users.
Most importantly, have fun and be yourself. This community is a space built for you to enhance your Qualtrics experience and we want you to enjoy the time you spend with us!
Administrative / Moderation Policy
Function of Administrators
We have a team of administrators who you may see pop up from time to time in the community. They are there to facilitate discussion, help organize the content, and make sure everyone is behaving appropriately in the community.
- Administrators may chime in from time to time to provide additional context or resources to a post or to recommend another user suited to help.
- Administrators have the right to edit, remove, or merge content as they deem fit to maintain the quality of content in the community. This includes updating outdated URLs.
- Administrators will be on the lookout for inappropriate, offensive, or off-topic posts. We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason we deem fit.
- Administrators will also be on the lookout for individuals who are not behaving appropriately in the community. We reserve the right to terminate any membership temporarily or permanently as we see fit.
- If you ever have a time-sensitive request, the community might not be the best place to ask it. To get in contact with our team, go to Qualtrics.com/Support and click “Contact Support” in the header.