Link data from 2 paper surveys? | XM Community
Solved

Link data from 2 paper surveys?

• 9 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
We have visitors to some of our remote parks pick up pre and post visit survey cards at the beginning of their visit. Their two cards have the same unique ID number on both. The two cards may not be returned at the same time.

We would like to enter the data into Qualtrics and link their two cards by ID number for analysis.

Should we do this as two different surveys? Can we link them?

Or as one survey and somehow fill in their answers to the 2 cards at possibly different times...??

Thanks!!
icon

Best answer by Kate 9 January 2019, 22:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
If your variables are the same, I think I would keep the same survey and simply build a variable that identifies your groups (pre and post). However, if your variables are different, I would build two different surveys. Otherwise your data entry is going to get a little messy trying to keep them all straight.

Either way, you do need to have some sort of unique ID in order to link the pairs to determine "lift" or "effect" on a respondent-by-respondent basis.

Regardless, you can build this in Qualtrics for the data collection. However, getting the analysis you are seeking is likely not possible in Qualtrics. At least, I know it is not possible with the research core. Perhaps other Qualtrics tools like Vocalize might be able to, but I am unaware of their capabilities. The analysis you are seeking is going to be best accomplished with analysis tools like SPSS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@treimt - I would do this as 1 "survey" with 2 sections. Section 1 is survey 1 and section 2 would be survey 2. Pretty straightforward, just use different blocks for each "survey".
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Are the questions same? You can use side to side questions: one column being "Before the visit" and second one being "After the visit"
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you have Vocalize (Dashboard) then you can link (Map) the 2 surveys through it...

If not, then within the same survey have 2 blocks (1 block for 1st session and 2nd block for another session), then in reporting part, you can show similar questions (from a different session) data side by side.
Badge +4
Hi @treimt! You may also want to check out our Support Page on this subject! If you have any additional questions, be sure to reach out to our Support Team!

Leave a Reply