Ensuring randomizer selection is not repeated for two conditions | XM Community
Solved

Ensuring randomizer selection is not repeated for two conditions

• 10 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I am writing a study in Qualtrics, and running into issues with my randomizers. There are two sections, each about a different virtual person. For each, I randomly display either a text description, a photo, or a virtualized image of the person. I need to ensure that the description type is not repeated for the second question. How can I do this? I'm not sure how to make a conditional statement based on the results of a randomizer. Think I may need to code it from scratch, but I'm not entirely if that will work.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 11 January 2019, 15:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
You can use survey flow with randomizers and branching logic to set a value for condition1 and condition2. Take a look at the attached .qsf file for the set up to choose which condition to display first and second. If you need instructions on importing this into your account look here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/import-and-export-surveys/

You can save the descriptive text and image locations into the the value of the embedded data where I have put the place holders "text", "photo", "virtual". You can then pipe in the variables Condition1, Condtion2 where you want that to appear.

If there are more requirements that I am missing from your description please respond and I can help you tweak this.

Leave a Reply