How to trigger survey for the same person with a bunch of conditions (contact created via API) | XM Community

How to trigger survey for the same person with a bunch of conditions (contact created via API)

• 12 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 449 replies
We have a survey that we want to set up in the following manner:
1. A contact is created in the same mailing list each time a person applies for any position on our site,
2. They can apply to as many positions as they want any time,
3. The person receives only 1 survey for 1 position in 3 month period (regardless to how many they applied for)
4. The survey is received 4 weeks after they applied for the first position.

So if person A applied for a position B on January 1, for position C on January 15, and position D on February 12, they will receive the survey for position B on January 29 (so positions C and D are disregarded). If they apply for position E on June 1, they will again receive the survey about position E on June 29.

Our plan so far is to utilize message trigger (send a message on contact added to the list) in the mailing list with the delayed message functionality in place. But we are not sure how to take care of the rest of the conditions. If we create one contact and just update the position in the embedded data, it would mean that the person will only receive survey for position 1, and the trigger will no longer work for Position E.
If we create a separate contact each time the same person applies-they will receive a survey for each position B, C, D and E.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you have iQ Directory (Target Audience) and using a single mailing list then, the embedded data will always hold the latest "position" value for which the user have applied for.

And, if you create separate contact each time the same person applies then through "Contact Frequency" you can restrict sending multiple survey email within the specific time period.

Refer this:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/directory-settings-tab/contact-frequency-rules/
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam Yes, we have the IQ Directory. But how the contact frequency will be affected by the the fact that the contacts are separate? So Qualtrics will not consider them as the same contact? Will the contact frequency rules still apply in this situation?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I believe the email id for the person who applies for multiple positions will be same and contact frequency rules apply to email id no matter if it exists in multiple contact list.

There are custom frequency rules as well (for which you can apply it either to a specific survey or contact list)

In your case, you can select the survey contact frequency rule:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/directory-settings-tab/contact-frequency-rules/#CustomRules
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Mohd_Shaikh_Ugam I think I am explaining wrong. We have deduplication on based on Email and External Data Reference. All the applicants are added to the same mailing list. In order to trigger the mailing list email trigger our plan was to use the Position they apply to as External Date Reference, so there would be
Contact 1. personA@email.com - Position B
Contact 2. person A@email.com - Position C, etc as separate contacts. So even if their email id is same, the frequency rules will be applying to the person separately for Contact 1 and Contact 2. I see where you leading me with the custom rules, but somehow cannot figure out.. 😞

Leave a Reply