Solved

Pre-select (carried forward) choices

• 18 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 44 replies
I have a multiple answer question with carry forward choices.
When 2 or more items are checked, the respondent has to choose his/her preferred item in next question.
If only 1 item is checked in the multiple answer question, the next question is skipped. How can I pre-select this item in the next question without displaying the question?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 18 January 2019, 15:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You need to capture the top level choice using embedded data and then apply display logic to your 2nd question so that it shows ONLY when 2 or more choices from the first question is selected.

To do the embedded data piece, use branch logic in your survey flow to branch to one embedded data block if 1 choice is selected, or an identical block if 2 or more items are selected. In the first block, the embedded data element should equal the selection of the first question. In the second block, the embedded data should equal the selection of the second question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Pat,

The best way to do this is with JS added to the second question. Have the JS count the number of choices. If there is only one choice, select it and hide the question and/or click the Next button.

Change your survey logic so you only skip the question if there are 0 choices selected in the first question.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Thanks guys - you are really helpful!
Hi
I have exactly the same problem/question. Unfortunately I am now genius when it comes to JS, would you be willing to share the code?
Thank you very much

Leave a Reply