Providing feedback for each answers at end of a quiz/test | XM Community
Solved

Providing feedback for each answers at end of a quiz/test

• 22 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi community! First question so please be gentle.... 🙂

I am setting up a knowledge test and I have everything set-up.
The only thing I am missing is - at the end of the test, when the user reviews the questions, answers provided and whether they were right or wrong, I would like to provide some feedback to explain the reasons for the answer. Something along the lines of - "That is correct! The main reason we don't eat spicy food at lunch is due to consideration to our colleagues".

I Googled and tried my hardest to figure this out for myself but I cannot find any clues as to how to achieve this.

The only solution I can think of is to set each question in its own block and then provide feedback per block? Is there a better way?

Looking forward to reading your thought and/or suggestions!

All the best!
icon

Best answer by VirginiaM 22 January 2019, 15:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Hey Oren, welcome to the community! What if you provided feedback on a per-question basis? As in, after the user clicks the next button on a question, display the reason for the answer whether the answer chosen was the correct one or not. I haven't had good luck cleanly displaying the question/answer set to the end user at the end of the survey, let a lone adding in a reason for the answer.... Best wishes in finding an answer!
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Oren another option would be to have one block with all the questions and a second block where you have explanations for the answers. They answer all the questions and you can use piped text to bring their answers into the second block. You can have one descriptive text box with a "You got this correct" response and a different descriptive text box with "You got the answer wrong, but the correct answer this and here's why...". Use display logic to display the correct description box to the student. By having the feedback in a separate block, students cannot use the back button to change answers, but they can see the correct answers and an explanation before submitting the test/quiz.
> @JeremyK said:
> Hey Oren, welcome to the community! What if you provided feedback on a per-question basis? As in, after the user clicks the next button on a question, display the reason for the answer whether the answer chosen was the correct one or not. I haven't had good luck cleanly displaying the question/answer set to the end user at the end of the survey, let a lone adding in a reason for the answer.... Best wishes in finding an answer!

Thanks Jeremy! Well, this was my initial idea but I did not know how to do that... the feedback simply shows whether the selection was correct (green) or incorrect (red). I am probably missing something along the way...
> @VirginiaM said:
> @Oren another option would be to have one block with all the questions and a second block where you have explanations for the answers. They answer all the questions and you can use piped text to bring their answers into the second block. You can have one descriptive text box with a "You got this correct" response and a different descriptive text box with "You got the answer wrong, but the correct answer this and here's why...". Use display logic to display the correct description box to the student. By having the feedback in a separate block, students cannot use the back button to change answers, but they can see the correct answers and an explanation before submitting the test/quiz.

Thanks Virginia! This is a really clever idea! I will certainly consider this and give it a go!

Leave a Reply