Pulling Prior Recorded Data from Past Responses | XM Community
Solved

Pulling Prior Recorded Data from Past Responses

• 23 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello all!

Currently I am working on a sign-in form for a digital lab on campus that helps us collect data on lab users (as well as let us give access to our specialty lab).
The plan is for students to use their University ID number to type into the terminal, and if they are new users it will take them through a form to get some information (First/Last Name, Email, University ID #, College and Department), then if its a project and what programs they'll be using.

After they complete the form the first time and come back to enter their University ID # in, it'll bypass the First Time User section and only ask them the last two questions.

My question is in reference to autopopulating the Data & Analysis fields inside of Qualtrics with this pre-existing data when a returning user fills the form out (for data and analysis purposes).

Attached are screenshots of the Survey Flow and Data & Analysis page, as well as referenced questions.

Am I not doing something correctly? Or am I missing something? Do I need to use script/JavaScript?

!

!

!

!

!
icon

Best answer by JenCX 23 January 2019, 23:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I think I understand what you're saying. If you are storing the ID in Qualtrics after the first time via iQ directory or a contact list, you'll need to leave those blank to be set by the panel or URL. I don't know of a way to do it without storing the recipient as a contact, though.

Once you store them as a contact, see instructions here, I'd create a branch after a First time user check and then if they aren't a first time user, fill it with the panel. More instructions here.

Hope I understood and that this is helpful!
> @jpardicusick said:
> I think I understand what you're saying. If you are storing the ID in Qualtrics after the first time via iQ directory or a contact list, you'll need to leave those blank to be set by the panel or URL. I don't know of a way to do it without storing the recipient as a contact, though.
>
> Once you store them as a contact, see instructions here, I'd create a branch after a First time user check and then if they aren't a first time user, fill it with the panel. More instructions here.
>
> Hope I understood and that this is helpful!

Hey, thank you for the idea! I looked at a prior work flow of another coworker and solved the problem. Thank you for the help!

Leave a Reply