Video Playback | XM Community
Solved

Video Playback

• 23 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I want to launch a survey which features a short video clip, the video contains some product placements which I'm researching. Anyway I can't figure out how to make the video to play only once (for example, I want the user to click the play button and be unable to rewind/replay at all), enabling the user to multiple viewing will harm the validity of my test,

Are there any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Oren.
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 25 January 2019, 01:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi @Oren_Nathan23 ,

Please check answer given by @AnthonyR here

Hope it helps
Hi,

I still have difficulties getting the video to play only once, I've tried removing the buttons in order to disable the ability to rewind or playback (when I embed it from youtube), however, when the video ends, a viewer can still play the video once again by clicking play, and thus I'm back to square one.

All I need is for the video to play once, because there are some product placements that I want to research and by enabling multiple viewing, I have no validity whatsoever.

Please if someone can help me, that would be great. The video is small enough to be uploaded to Qualtrics library as well as youtube.

Thanks in advance,

Oren.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
I suggest using JS to hit the next button and auto advance onto the next question. That way you don't have to worry about them trying to replay the video.
How do I that in terms of coding (sorry but I don't know much about coding...), here is the link for the draft version of the survey,

https://biusocialsciences.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aYlJWd3sTNO1tiZ

Even though its written in Hebrew, you can clearly see the video and the problem 😞
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @Oren_Nathan23 said:
> How do I that in terms of coding (sorry but I don't know much about coding...), here is the link for the draft version of the survey,
>
> https://biusocialsciences.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aYlJWd3sTNO1tiZ
>
> Even though its written in Hebrew, you can clearly see the video and the problem 😞

It seems that you could still follow AnthonyR's fix. However, to follow my previous suggestion you would need to not have the video in the same block as all of the other questions. If you could ask the previous questions, show the video in it's own block, then auto-advance onto the next product-related question, you would get a single viewing of the video.

Leave a Reply