Solved

Show block for each question

• 1 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi All

I have 2 blocks as follows:

-block 1: 3 different commercials
-block 2: 3 different questions

I would like to preview block 2 (all of the 3 questions) following each commercial in block 1.
In addition, it is important for me that the commercial will appear in randomized order.

For example:

Commercial No 2-> 3 questions
commercial No 3-> 3 questions
commercial No 1-> 3 questions

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Ran
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 1 February 2019, 18:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
There are a few ways of going about this -
1. We use this method in many of our studies - Create a group with ONE commercial in a block then follow up with a second block containing the questions. You can then create as many commercial groups as needed then place all the groups in a randomizer.
2. You could set up counter variables and use counters to keep track of videos shown and then show unseen videos, but the blocks would still need to be repeated. This seems like the complicated way.
Thank you very much Liberty!
That works perfectly
@Libertywick

Hi Liberty
Reviewing the questionnaire I can now see that using that method you kindly suggested cause the earlier answers to repeat as well. For example, in case that the answer for commercial 1 was 7, the same answer appears automatically after the next commercial as well.
Any ideas?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @Ran said:
> @Libertywick
>
> Hi Liberty
> Reviewing the questionnaire I can now see that using that method you kindly suggested cause the earlier answers to repeat as well. For example, in case that the answer for commercial 1 was 7, the same answer appears automatically after the next commercial as well.
> Any ideas?

ah! so that is mostly likely a symptom of just replicating the block in survey flow. You will need to actually replicate the answers for a new block in the editor. For example:
Commercial1/Block1 with answers 1-7 then Commercial2/Block2 with answers 1-7
NOT
Commercial1/Block1 then Commercial2/Block1 (again)
Hopefully this makes sense.

Leave a Reply