Is there a way to create less options with a Net Promoter Score (NPS) question? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to create less options with a Net Promoter Score (NPS) question?

• 14 February 2019
  • 3 replies

The NPS format looks like it currently defaults to letting you have 0-10 options to choose from per question ranging from extremely disagree to extremely agree. Is there a way to shorten the options to 0-6? This survey I am creating is being used a scoring rubric and all the values need to total to 100 (max) at the end, number questions are fixed at 18 (so no changing there).
icon

Best answer by Kate 14 February 2019, 16:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
NPS Is a very specific methodology which must occur on this scale.

However, you can always create a new question that has the scale you need that uses the same phrasing. The benefit of using the NPS Question type as it exists here is because the native reporting features will calculate it with the formula the methodology dictates. But it sounds like you have your own analysis method- which negates any benefit to use the NPS question type.
Badge +4

What about a comparable NPS-style format for a CES question? We have an NPS survey, but we also have a separate customer effort score survey (scale of 1-5, Difficult to Easy). I was really surprised that Qualtrics didn't offer a template for a CS question, not only for consistent formatting with NPS, but with the built in CES calculation like NPS. As a workaround, we're using custom code, but it doesn't look great, and I still have to set up manual calculations for dashboarding/analysis

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

SarahSoutherland There is a "Use suggested choices" option with a variety of scales, include CST, CES, etc. And you can update the number of choices option to 5 as well.

Leave a Reply