Issue with sending reminders to "Unfinished Respondents" | XM Community
Solved

Issue with sending reminders to "Unfinished Respondents"

• 17 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I ran into several issues when I tried to send a reminder to "Unfinished Respondents" :
- Many participants who have completed the survey were contacted. Among them, some clicked on the link and got the message : You have completed the survey already. Other participants (about 10 of them) were able to complete the survey again, when they are not supposed to.
- Some participants who received the initial invitation never received the reminder.

I would like to understand what happened there and how to prevent this issue in the future. Also, how can I delete the data of the participants who were able to complete the survey twice ?

Thank you !
icon

Best answer by Kate 19 February 2019, 16:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I've run into the first bullet point through my own error once or twice. Sometimes I have a survey that has incomplete responses set to collect before the survey closes. Double check the Survey Tab > Survey Options and scroll to the bottom to see what that time interval is for you. Qualtrics defaults to 1 week. Most my surveys are open for 2, causing reminders to go _out_ but for respondents to get the error that makes it look like they completed it (as it _was_ recorded).

The second one could be a matter of their mail providers bouncing the reminder as spam. Check your distribution history to see if the list of people who should have got the reminder coincides with bounces. If yes, there is little that can be done unfortunately.

I really like this list of words to avoid placing in your email in order to better avoid spam filters:
https://mailchimp.com/resources/avoid-spam-filters/

As for deleting: If it's the unique link I truly don't know how they were able to take it twice! I assume the new responses overwrote their old responses. If its anonymous than you can try and de-duplicating by IP Address if it was collected.

Leave a Reply