Research Essentials vs Research Core 3 License | XM Community
Solved

Research Essentials vs Research Core 3 License

• 4 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Trying to compare license tiers, Research Essentials and, Research Core 3. I trying to figure out if I can make do with the Research Essentials tier for programming Market Research surveys.

The free account allowed me to do almost everything I needed, except adding JavaScript, constant sum questions and access to the API.

Research Core 3 has these two features, Advanced Branching and Answer Piping. The free version allowed me to add display/skip logic and I could modify the survey flow for branching, so what does "Advanced Branching" do for me? Also, the free version allowed me to pipe a selected answer into another question using a variable ${q://1_QID56/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}. How is Answer Piping different?

Anyone have any insight on the license tiers?
icon

Best answer by Kate 5 March 2019, 14:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Answer piping is a little different- it allows you to take the answers that were displayed or selected in a previous question and carry them forward to a new question.

I for one find this _really_ helpful in my market research surveys. I have a lot of "competitors". So I will take a list of all 50 possible similar products, and want to show the respondent not only the 10 I really worry about, but a random selection of 5 of those 10 to get a wide breadth of data. Advanced randomization helps me do that. BUT- if I want to ask a series of 4 or 5 questions- I want to ensure the respondent sees the SAME 5 Random competitors every time. For this- I need the advanced pipe forward.

TBH I have no idea what "advanced branching" is. I'd reach out to your sales rep or support.
Thanks Kate. I've emailed sales twice (no response) and called once, told sales was in a meeting and would call me back in 10 min. That was six hours ago. I'll try to call them again in the morning.
Badge
> @Doug said:
> Thanks Kate. I've emailed sales twice (no response) and called once, told sales was in a meeting and would call me back in 10 min. That was six hours ago. I'll try to call them again in the morning.

Did they cal you back? I'd like to know what "advanced branching" means too 🙂

Leave a Reply