How to force mobile optimization for Matrix Tables? | XM Community
Solved

How to force mobile optimization for Matrix Tables?

• 5 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a few matrix table questions in my survey of which one shows up in the normal format on mobile while I would prefer it to show up in the accordion format. Is there a way of forcing this to happen even if the table is not "large enough"? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by cdgl 8 March 2019, 01:47

View original

2 replies

I was also trying to figure this out, and your 'large enough' comment helped. You can force the accordion by resizing the statement bank: hover your cursor over the line to the right of your statements in the matrix table, then click and drag to resize once the arrow appears.

By making the statement bank bigger, you force the accordion in mobile.
Userlevel 1

This works if you don't need to drag it very far, OR you don't have anyone answering on a desktop. But I get about 50/50 desktop/mobile, so dragging it far enough to force to accordion for mobile then makes the question display terribly on a desktop.
I need an option that only comes into effect when device type is mobile, and whenever it detects mobile ALWAYS forces mobile-friendly option even if it thinks the matrix table is 'small enough', but leaves the desktop version alone:
Screenshot.pngAs a workaround I've just created two versions of the question, one with display logic for Mobile and the other for Not Mobile, but then I have to merge those questions back together later :(

Leave a Reply