Retake with additional questions | XM Community
Question

Retake with additional questions

I would like to create a survey where users can answer questions, return to amend their saved responses and have the capability to add/edit additional questions to that same survey/question. Users would not need to retake their initial responses - those answers would be saved and users would see additional questions within the survey or additions to a particulate question.

Note this survey would be embedded within a Learning Management System such as Canvas or Articulate. Users would be added to a contact list and authenticated, the anonymous link would be embedded within the LMS making for a seamless transition to Qualtrics. The quiz contains confidential information so emailing a retake link is out of the question.

I am stuck on the adding/editing questions yet still retaining original responses.

Any and all assistance in finding a solution to this would be appreciated.

2 replies

Badge +1
They'd need to restart the survey, which they could do by clearing their browser cache, using a different browser, or going incognito. I think you'd be messing with the reliability of the survey if you had people popping in and out with various questions available at different times?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Gail! Although I recognize that you posted looking for a custom code solution, I just wanted to mention that you should feel free to post about this functionality in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!

Leave a Reply