Randomization of scenarios by specific answers on two questions | XM Community
Solved

Randomization of scenarios by specific answers on two questions

• 9 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi all,
I have a survey with two scenarios which are randomly and equally assigned to the participants (which is easy), but I additionally need them to be assigned this way if participants chose specific answers on two questions. For instance, I want scenarios to be equally and randomly assigned as well among 1)male participants with 2)higher education. So, in the end, I need to have an equal amount of randomly received responses from the males with HE, in terms of this example.

Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by StevenA 13 March 2019, 19:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can use quotas to acheive this.
Badge +1
Can't you just add branch logic based off those questions leading into the randomization of scenarios as below?

!
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> You can use quotas to acheive this.

Hi! Thank you. I thought about it, but I do not know how to do it, can you please elaborate on it?
> @StevenA said:
> Can't you just add branch logic based off those questions leading into the randomization of scenarios as below?
>
> !
>

Hi, thanks a lot, but how would it (if at all) interfere with the major randomization? I mean I need both to evenly randomize two scenarios among everyone, and plus I need to ensure even randomization among the "males with HE".
Badge +1
@Eugene_1988

So you would branch the Higher Educated and Male into the randomized two scenarios like above, and then just duplicate everything and change the second branch logic into HE is NOT selected and Male is NOT selected. So then you ensure H+ME are randomly/evenly presented both scenarios and then everyone else is also randomly/evenly presented both scenarios.

!
> @StevenA said:
> @Eugene_1988
>
> So you would branch the Higher Educated and Male into the randomized two scenarios like above, and then just duplicate everything and change the second branch logic into HE is NOT selected and Male is NOT selected. So then you ensure H+ME are randomly/evenly presented both scenarios and then everyone else is also randomly/evenly presented both scenarios.
>
> !
>

I guess it should work. Thanks!

Leave a Reply