Multiple choices and Piped Text used with Branch and condition | XM Community

Multiple choices and Piped Text used with Branch and condition

• 11 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello,
I'm trying to used Piped Text from a Multiple choice question.
Basically, I've a block called Vendor(s) selection where the customer can pick multiple answers.
I use then the selected choice(s) to build my Branch IF flow.

What I would like is to used piped text into my question in the blocks below.
Unfortunately, if I use the formula $(q://Qxxx/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices), the results that I get is:

_Please evaluate Vendor1, Vendor2, Vendor3 on the following topics:_

How to carve out in each box only the text that the Branch is using?
Below some screenshot to support to understanding my request.

!

6 replies

Hello @Antonio ,

Since using branch logic we know that which vendor is selected and which block to show for them, we can directly piped in the option description for eg - `${q://Qxxx/ChoiceDescription/1}`

OR

If you are asking same questions for all the vendors then you can use loop and merge based on the question where you are asking of vendors
Hello @Shashi
I can't use loop and merge, despite same questions are asked to many vendors.
The reason is that I'm using Table of Contents feature to allow people to add additional suppliers they would like to evaluate, since loop&merge can only go forward and not backward.

And using ${q://QID4/ChoiceDescription/1} in the question of the block, is not the best results. It works only if 1 only supplier is selected. If customer is selecting more suppliers, my results is always the first 1.
This force me to manually add the string to each block, which then is like and easier to simply not using it and manually write it.

I would like that the selected choice that I use in my my branch logic, can be used into my piped text.
Hi @Shashi, do you know if using Java this is possible?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Instead of adding the string to each block, maybe
you could add a hidden block that displays their selected choices and then use display logic like so... !
Hi, I think there must be the possibility to do that by using Java or Piped Text directly.
The Branch function as by implemented, is doing exactly what I need.
I just need to "show" the process that in background Branch is doing, which is take the answer selected and used it to go to right block.
I need that piece of info, the selected choice, to be available into the Piped Text.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @Antonio! Just wanted to jump in here and say that because of your complex use case, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can better understand your given scenario and needs and help out. 😀

Leave a Reply