Let participants skip/change questions in randomizer block | XM Community
Question

Let participants skip/change questions in randomizer block

Hey Qualtrics-Community,

i am planning to build a survey that contains a randomized block where 3 of 12 questions are displayed regarding certain areas of expertise. If a participant has no knowledge of a certain area, i want to allow him to state that he has no knowledge and gets another question randomly displayed.

While the 3 of 12 questions part is easy to implement, i struggle to implement the "i have no knowledge of this area" option.

I search the forum but did not find a fitting approach. Can you give me a hint?

Have a nice week,
Till

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You cab simply add this text in question like , "if you dont have knowledge of this area, skip this question and click NEXT" and make questions non mandatory.
thank you for the answer bansalpeeyush29,
i am not sure if there is a specific "skip this question" option i haven't found but when i simply add the text by myself, i end up with incomplete answers. For my model to work, i would need answers to 3 questions randomly selected out of a total of 12 questions. Therefore, if a participant has no knowledge he would need to get an additional/another question.

Is there a way to swap a question to another randomly selected question, if the "i have no knowledge" option is selected. It doesn't matter if the survey is configured to only show one question per page or multiple questions.

Thanks again for you help!

Leave a Reply