Is there a way to tell Qualtrics to count a record as Complete upon reaching a specific question? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to tell Qualtrics to count a record as Complete upon reaching a specific question?

• 8 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi everyone,

So, let's say that my survey has 30 questions. By default, Qualtrics will count the record as Complete if the respondent hits the last question (Q.30). However, is there a way to tell Qualtics to count a record as complete if the respondent gets up to say Q.25? So, basically, the last 5 questions are nice to haves but in reality, if they got to Q.25, I am happy and we would count that as a complete.

I don't want to End the Survey at Q.25, I just want that to mark a Complete. Respondents can still continue to complete Q.26 to Q.30 if they wish, and after Q.30, the End of Survey would activate.
Thanks!

DK
icon

Best answer by TomG 8 April 2019, 23:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
There isn't any built-in functionality for this. You could keep your own complete status embedded variable, and update it after Q25. At that point it is up to your survey options what happens with that partial complete and when it gets written to the response data (if at all).

You could submit a feature request for this functionality to Qualtrics Support.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Tom for the info. So I can embed the new variable but I'm not sure what value to set or how it would auto-update. Would you have any pointers? The only previous embedded variable was something like Variable_A = ${q://QID25/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1}
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You would add the embedded data variable to your survey flow (hopefully Q25 and Q26 are in different blocks). You can call it whatever you want and assign whatever value you want to it. Something like:

rs = complete

Where rs stands for respondent status. You could use the same variable to assign status at different parts of the survey:

rs = unfinished - at the start of the survey
rs = screenout - if you keep screenouts
rs = overquota
etc.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Tom! I will do some experimenting.

Leave a Reply