What is being included and excluded when creating a sample contact list with Recipient History? | XM Community
Solved

What is being included and excluded when creating a sample contact list with Recipient History?

• 18 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
When I generate a sample list from a larger contact list, I see that one of my options for sample conditions is “Recipient History --> Last Email Invitation Date --> Was Never.” Does this condition mean the recipient has never received an email invitation ever, regardless of what lists the recipient may have been on in the past; or does it only refer to the current contact list? Does that make sense?

For example, let’s say I have a contact list called “Big List” with 5,000 people on it, and I’ve created and sent surveys to Sample A with 100 recipients and Sample B with 100 recipients. If I want to create Sample C with unique recipients from A and B, and I choose “Recipient History --> Last Email Invitation Date --> Was Never” as the condition, does that condition only look for the recipients’ history in “Big List” (meaning it would make sure no one from Sample A or Sample B was chosen for Sample C) or does it look at other contact lists I may have used in the past for other surveys?

I recognize I can create a sample list and choose conditions to exclude recipients in Sample A and Sample B, but this can become cumbersome if I am dealing with a contact list that has many previous samples that I want to exclude.
icon

Best answer by TomG 21 April 2019, 21:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can apply sample criteria to be mailing list as "Not in mailing list"

Example: You want to split your mailing list into 2 samples. You have created Sample 1. You want to make sure nobody in Sample 2 was already included in Sample 1, so you set the Sampling criteria to be Mailing List, Not In Mailing List, Your Library, the mailing list your samples were made for, and then Sample 1.

Refer below link too
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/lists-tab/creating-mailing-list-samples/
Badge +2
Thanks for your comment, @bansalpeeyush29. Unfortunately, I don't have access to XM Directory, so the solution you provided doesn't work for me. I'm using the old contacts system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@stephendashton,

It only refers to the current contact list. Non-IQ contact lists are all completely independent from one another.

Leave a Reply