Can you launch authorization-survey flow within questionnaire in the second block only? | XM Community
Solved

Can you launch authorization-survey flow within questionnaire in the second block only?

• 24 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Background information: I'm part of a student support office, which we need to register new students and for returning students specialize support.
I have created a questionnaire in which it has to blocks. The first block is for the new students in which I gather general information about the student. (First name, last name, email, student ID, etc.). I have created a trigger to capture this data and put it in a contact list. That works okay.

The second block is a form in which only registered students can be eligible to receive these specialized services. I want to place a authorization branch making the students to enter the student ID number.

question 1) can you have authorization branch that only serves second block?
question 2) . In setting up the mega data for the second block. What of the various conditions do you use:
Survey Metadata
add from contacts
exiting em bedded data
question 3) what of the options do you use of "pipe textfrom a..."
icon

Best answer by KendraR 7 May 2019, 15:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Ken_BHCC1! The authenticator can be placed anywhere in your survey flow, so you can definitely set it up to only serve the second block. I would recommend taking a look at this page on authenticators, as it details best practices on setting up the authenticator and any embedded data needed. Further, there are many ways to use Piped Text, but this page may help you determine the best way to use it for your survey. Of course, feel free to reach out to our Support Team if you have any questions on how to set up your authenticator or use piped text.

Leave a Reply