Copy Actions When Copying a Survey or at least importing them into new survey? | XM Community
Solved

Copy Actions When Copying a Survey or at least importing them into new survey?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I tend to find that there are quite a few pros and cons of email triggers vs email actions. I have a fair amount of email actions in my surveys and I have to make copies of those surveys (6) changing the values of embedded data fields from one to another and a few other specific changes within my survey. I could make it one big survey, but it would basically be insanely big with a fair amount of variables within the survey. That being said, I prefer to use actions versus emails primarily because I can copy Actions within a survey and cannot copy triggers within a survey (unless somebody knows a way?) and I can also name them something that makes sense visually. The nice thing is that triggers remain when copying a survey. It would be really nice for me, however, with the large amount of actions there will be in each survey, if those would copy when I copy each survey to edit a bit, then it would save me some time (some will be 40 or so triggers in each survey) Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by KendraR 15 May 2019, 23:18

View original

8 replies

I have made heavy use of an Action for a Salesforce integration (because this is the 'recommended' method to use) and have encountered the same question. It takes a solid 8 hours of work to set up the action, then when I copy the survey, I have to do it all again. So I am very interested if anyone has a solution to copy the action when copying a survey.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @over3520! Just wanted to jump in here and say that although actions currently do not copy over, I would recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is not a functionality developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea! 😃
Badge +2
When creating a New Survey, instead of cloning, create the project by importing the QSF file of a survey that already has the mappings in place. I've had success with this when getting Actions to "clone" from survey to survey.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
That is great @eliz_p. In recent months i have had success with just copying a survey and having the actions copy as well. This may have been a new feature added by Qualtrics recently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/22755#Comment_22755Could you shed some light as to how you did that? I can't get the Actions to copy over when I do a "Export Survey". I am moving between two separate instances of Qualtrics though. Perhaps that's the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

MattM I don't think it is possible to export a survey and have any action items copy anywhere, but if you simply duplicate your survey, in the recent months I have had success with actions copying over from the original.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Martin_O ,
is it still working for you that whey you duplicate a survey, the Actions/Workflows also copy?
Because I just tried that and it doesn't work for me :(

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

JoycaV Sorry for the late response on this one. I just did a test of copying my survey and it DID copy my workflows to the copied survey.

Leave a Reply