How to sort participants into their randomised Survey 1 conditions when they complete Survey 2 | XM Community
Solved

How to sort participants into their randomised Survey 1 conditions when they complete Survey 2

Hi,
I'm collecting data from participants at 2 time points (Survey 1, and Survey 2). In Survey 1, participants will be randomised into one of two conditions (A or 😎. When they complete Survey 2, I'd like participants who were randomised into condition A to only see materials relevant for condition A (and the same for those who were in condition 😎. Is this possible?
*edit* I won't have access to participants' email addresses, but I will be able to trace them through a participant ID.
icon

Best answer by TomG 11 May 2019, 20:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@HayleyIM,

In Survey 1 set an embedded data field for the condition the respondent is assigned to (e.g., condition = A). Create a Contact Trigger than adds or updates the respondent to a contact list and include the embedded data field for condition (participant ID should be the ExternalDataReference).

Use the contact list to generate personal links for Survey 2. In Survey 2, define the embedded variable for condition at the beginning of the survey flow and let it be populated from the panel (aka contact list). Create Survey 2 branch logic based on condition.
Thanks @TomG - I need to launch the survey from TurkPrime rather than directly from Qualtrics, do you know if it's still possible to generate personal links?

And thanks for your previous response, much appreciated 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @HayleyIM said:
> Thanks @TomG - I need to launch the survey from TurkPrime rather than directly from Qualtrics, do you know if it's still possible to generate personal links?
I don't know anything about TurkPrime. Generating personal links won't be a problem, but I don't know if there is a way to import them into TurkPrime. Another option would be to add an Authenticator to the top of your Survey 2 survey flow and have the respondent enter their Participant ID (aka ExternalReferenceData).

Leave a Reply