Triggering actions from external website (panel signup process) | XM Community
Solved

Triggering actions from external website (panel signup process)

Badge +1
I have 2 methods where participants can sign up to a panel list, the first is at the end of completing a Qualtrics survey so from there I can assign a random ID and trigger a follow up email with a 2nd Qualtrics survey to complete. I can embed those responses all back to the record in the contact list. Done.

The 2nd method is at a Wordpress site, the participant creates an account, which then adds them to this same contact list.

Is there a way where I’m able to assign a random ID and trigger an email that contains the Qualtrics survey (unique link) to these members that sign up at the Wordpress site FROM the Qualtrics account or does that need to come from the Wordpress site using an API call? In my mind it’s the Wordpress site that needs to call out to Qualtrics to action these items - if contact is added successfully to Qualtrics contact list, assign ID and trigger email distribution with their unique survey link (ID passed with query string), not Qualtrics. I need the survey to link back to their ID so it embeds the results back to their record in the contact list, so i think the unique link method would be the simplest, although can the authenticator do that based on the just assigned random ID?

I’m just making sure I look into all options available that Qualtrics can do before I go back to the developer on this. Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 15 May 2019, 23:27

View original

8 replies

Hello @EMack ,

If you have already implemented your second method, then would love to know exactly what and how you are implementing it.

Assuming you are using qualtrics API to add contact after users creates an account in your site, then you can also use update contact to set an embedded data in contact list with some ID.

For email trigger, if you have iQ directory then please see this
Badge +1
Thanks @Shashi! That message trigger would do the job for the email with the follow-up survey when they are added to the contact list.

I believe it's using a Qualtrics API that adds the contact after the wordpress account is created (I wasn't involved during the development of this phase so I don't know all the specific details but it would make sense that it was done so in this manner). I have requested that when it adds the new user to the contact list that it also assigns the random ID at the same time, but I've been tasked to look for another method that would come for the Qualtrics side rather than wordpress.
> @EMack said:
> Thanks @Shashi! That message trigger would do the job for the email with the follow-up survey when they are added to the contact list.
>
> I believe it's using a Qualtrics API that adds the contact after the wordpress account is created (I wasn't involved during the development of this phase so I don't know all the specific details but it would make sense that it was done so in this manner). I have requested that when it adds the new user to the contact list that it also assigns the random ID at the same time, but I've been tasked to look for another method that would come for the Qualtrics side rather than wordpress.

If you are asking from qualtrics, then on adding new contact qualtrics assigns unique contact id to each contact, so you can use this. You get the contact id as the result of the add contact API
Badge +1
Do you mean the ContactID? I'm reading in other posts that ContactID cannot be included as embedded data so not the field to use as a unique ID, I think?
> @EMack said:
> Do you mean the ContactID? I'm reading in other posts that ContactID cannot be included as embedded data so not the field to use as a unique ID, I think?

Once you get the contact id you can use update contact api to update the external data reference value with contact id and then you can use this in authenticator.
Badge +1
Interesting... Any chance you're able to direct me where to read up more about that? I've scanned through the online API docs and haven't come across the info I could use (it's also possible that I've missed it because I scanned too quickly... 😕 )
> @EMack said:
> Interesting... Any chance you're able to direct me where to read up more about that? I've scanned through the online API docs and haven't come across the info I could use (it's also possible that I've missed it because I scanned too quickly... 😕 )

Please see this
Badge +1
Thanks @Shashi! I'll take a read through this section again and see what we can utilize on the site.

Leave a Reply