Want to send Anonymous survey, but, i will like to collect some of the embed data from contacts? | XM Community
Solved

Want to send Anonymous survey, but, i will like to collect some of the embed data from contacts?

• 17 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I want send survey to my employees & keep their response Anonymous. but some of the contacts field such as department, Designation etc should be collected when they respond to survey. Please share any custom code to do the same.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by TomG 20 May 2019, 14:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

we had the same problem and it has been solved without any code.

Just follow the following steps:
1- create embedded field on survey flow (I suggest not to use 'designation' or similar; better 'a', 'b', 'c'.
2- using excel, you create a different personal link using the anonymous one, adding to that the embedded with the desired values:

e.g. www.qualtrics.com/survey1234+?+a=marketing&b=chief&c=male

final result: www.qualtrics.com/survey1234?a=marketing&b=chief&c=male

So you will have an anonymous link which is different for every respondent based on the attached information. And they will not know which info you are collecting if you use 'a' instead of 'designation' as a field and '1' instead of 'male' as a content.
Thanks, but this is quiet manual & the emails will not be sent from qualtrics. Looking for something which can even send emails from qualtrics as this will be quarterly exercises. Also, its more prone to error for manual task.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Create embedded fields for the data you want to capture in the survey flow (department, designation, etc.) . Under Survey Options check Anonymize response. This will prevent Qualtrics from saving personally identifiable information such as name, email, and IP address in the response data.
Thanks, TomG. this helps & i was able to do a test survey with the help of embed field.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi @amitju,

If you are sending emails, I suppose you already know who the employees are. And from your organization you can get information about the department, designation. Later you can use this information and retroactively add this details as embedded data. Is this not the case ?

Leave a Reply