Math Operations in Embedded data not populating data | XM Community
Solved

Math Operations in Embedded data not populating data

Hello,
I am trying to create a variable in my data, based on the response of two questions. I need this variable to be usable in dashboard building.

Here is the equation I've written:
X = $e{ ( q://QID63/SelectedChoicesRecode + q://QID75/SelectedChoicesRecode ) / 2 }

The answer choices for the two questions are strongly disagree to agree, but the recode values are 1 to 5.

Essentially, I'm trying to average the scores of two choices together.
Please help!!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 May 2019, 00:43

View original

3 replies

Hello @bradforde_1 ,

The math operation syntax is correct!

Are you assuming that embedded data will be retro active in data analysis for captured response, then-no, the embedded data is not retroactive
Hi @shashi. Thanks for the quick response.
That's exactly what I was hoping, and that's totally unfortunate! How else could I create a variable retro-actively?
Would you recommend I add it as metadata field for survey participants? Essentially, I'd download the results, do the calc in excel, join it to my participants original metadata file, and then import it.
However, I think this will limit my ability to analyze it in the dashboards in Qualtrics.
> @bradforde_1 said:
> Hi @shashi. Thanks for the quick response.
> That's exactly what I was hoping, and that's totally unfortunate! How else could I create a variable retro-actively?
> Would you recommend I add it as metadata field for survey participants? Essentially, I'd download the results, do the calc in excel, join it to my participants original metadata file, and then import it.
> However, I think this will limit my ability to analyze it in the dashboards in Qualtrics.

By meta field, you mean embedded data ?. Also,` please use legacy export-import` for this. And do map the meta fields correctly with the participants.

Leave a Reply