Is it possible to link identical surveys that have been launched on different platforms? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to link identical surveys that have been launched on different platforms?

• 11 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm looking to post a survey on various social media platforms. Because we want to include a photo, I need to create a different survey for each platform (if I distribute via Qualtrics, I am not able to use a photo). So, my plan is to create three identical surveys, the only differences being the name of the project and an embedded data code (this will identify the platform on which the survey was launched). Ultimately, I want to analyze the data in aggregate so my plan was to import the data from each of the three surveys into one "aggregate" project.

But, wondering if there's a simpler way that eliminates some of the manual labor/opportunity for error 😀 . Can the surveys be automatically linked so that I can analyze in aggregate?

Thanks!

Marla
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 11 June 2019, 22:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
The best way to go about this would be to append the survey URL string with an embedded data field naming the social media source platform. This will pipe all your surveys to a single project.

Question? - Why can't you use Qualtrics for this? You can include pictures in the survey or hyperlink picture if that is how you want them to start the survey.
Hi!
Thanks so much for your response. Very helpful!

Regarding your question: when I used the social-media distributions option in Qualtrics, the post of the link only allows for emojis. If I edit the post to include a photo, the survey link disappears. We find that we get higher engagement when there's a photo in the actual post so we thought the best thing would be to cut/paste the survey link into a post we create (vs distributing through Qualtrics directly) so that we can include a picture. If there's a work-around or better way to do this, please let know! Thanks!

Leave a Reply