Unique link to survey for each person, but responses remain anonymous. | XM Community
Solved

Unique link to survey for each person, but responses remain anonymous.

• 12 June 2019
  • 8 replies

I would like to embed a unique link to my survey for each of my contacts in an electronic newsletter, so I can tell who has completed the survey. However, I would like their responses to remain anonymous (I don't want to know who said what). Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by Susie 14 June 2019, 08:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I believe this will work if you use individual links but also click "Anonymize Response" in your survey options. You should double-check with a test to be sure though!
Badge +4
Hi @Susie, yes this is doable. I am assuming that you will be distributing your survey using emails and you want to hide recipient's First name, Last name and Email address.
To hide these values from the data, you first need to add these meta data fields as embedded data field in your survey flow (please refer below screenshot)

!

Now you need to add below code on very first page of the survey using "Add JavaScript" option:

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnPageSubmit(function(type)
{
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('RecipientFirstName', "");
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('RecipientLastName', "");
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('RecipientEmail', "");
});

It will replace the value of these variables with blank value.

Try this and let me know if this trick can fulfill your requirement.

Thanks
Alok
Badge +4
@jpardicusick - what you have shared is the perfect and accurate way to achieve this. Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Many thanks @jpardicusick and @Alok_Painuly. I will test it out.
We are sending out an electronic newsletter via mailchimp. Is there a way to export the Individual Links for each contact and so I can embed them in the newsletter in mailchimp? (Ie. not use Qualtrics' to distribute survey via email).
> @Susie said:
> We are sending out an electronic newsletter via mailchimp. Is there a way to export the Individual Links for each contact and so I can embed them in the newsletter in mailchimp? (Ie. not use Qualtrics' to distribute survey via email).
>

Refer this resource
Thank you @Shashi. I looked at the resource and exported the list, but I am getting "Omitted for Privacy" in the link column. I am not sure what I am doing wrong?
I have worked it out. I believe that I have to first generate the personal links to get the unique URL for each my contacts. After that, I can turn on the Anonymise Response and their responses will remain anonymous. (If I have Anonymise Response on before I generate the personal links, I will only get "Omitted for Privacy")

Leave a Reply