Warning: No entry in fromSelectorMap for selector: TB - cannot find what this means | XM Community
Solved

Warning: No entry in fromSelectorMap for selector: TB - cannot find what this means

• 16 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am a Qualtrics newbie, so far not experienced any issues with my surveys, but working on a current survey I have a warning message at the top of my survey: 'Warning: No entry in fromSelectorMap for selector: TB' When I try to preview the survey I get a 'Sorry, unexpected error has occurred' and I do not get the survey in preview form. I suspect these two issues are related. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks for your help!

ROBERT
icon

Best answer by KendraR 16 June 2019, 21:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @RobertJC! I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing these error messages. The reason(s) for these error messages can vary based on the specific survey setup and therefore I would recommend that you reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look at your survey with you! 😃
Thank you for the reply! I am not sure which setting I altered that caused the message to go away, or maybe it was pushing the publish button, but the warning is no longer there....
Badge +2

I had the same error. The term TB refers to "Text Box" and no selector is referring to the fact that there is no option for a response.
Qualtrics article says this: "The Selector describes what interface the respondent uses to make their response to the question. These range from things like "MAVR", "TE", "Likert", "SAVR", "TB", and more. These abbreviations stand for "Multiple Answer Vertical", "Text Entry", "Likert", "Single Answer Vertical", "Text-Box", etc. ""
So, put simply, you've accidentally selected the wrong selector type for a question and there's no way for a survey taker to select a response!
I resolved my error by going through my survey in preview mode to determine when the error would arise. Once I found out what block the error was in, I found out that I had a Question without a response option that was intended to be a text descriptor.

Leave a Reply