Issue with translated URL/directing to second language via URL | XM Community
Solved

Issue with translated URL/directing to second language via URL

Hi,

I have a survey/form that is translated into 3 languages other than English. I created URLs for each of the other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, and Bulgarian). I've inserted translations for each language via Tools\\Translate Survey. All 3 show to be 100% translated. When I go to the Portuguese or Bulgarian URLs I see those languages on the first page. However, for the Spanish version the first page shows in English even though the pages is translated. I can toggle to Spanish via the drop-down. When I do that and close the page and reopen the URL it starts the first page in Spanish. I thought maybe it was a cookie/cache issue so I tried in two other browsers (started with Chrome, then used FireFox and Edge). Same thing happened with those browsers.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks,
Brian
icon

Best answer by TomG 18 June 2019, 20:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @bfhead said:
> Hi,
>
> I have a survey/form that is translated into 3 languages other than English. I created URLs for each of the other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, and Bulgarian). I've inserted translations for each language via Tools\\Translate Survey. All 3 show to be 100% translated. When I go to the Portuguese or Bulgarian URLs I see those languages on the first page. However, for the Spanish version the first page shows in English even though the pages is translated. I can toggle to Spanish via the drop-down. When I do that and close the page and reopen the URL it starts the first page in Spanish. I thought maybe it was a cookie/cache issue so I tried in two other browsers (started with Chrome, then used FireFox and Edge). Same thing happened with those browsers.
>
> Any idea why this might be happening?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

It would seem that something is wrong with the language specification in the Spanish url. Double check the parameter name, parameter value and url format.
Very bizarre. Now it works correctly despite the fact I made no changes. Did the same for a colleague earlier this morning, so wasn't just a mistake I was making. Whatever the glitch, it seems to be fixed now.

Appreciate your help.

Leave a Reply