Uploading a csv file to create a new contact list and I get "Duplicate fields:' error | XM Community
Solved

Uploading a csv file to create a new contact list and I get "Duplicate fields:' error

• 28 June 2019
  • 3 replies

the sample date below the error list 3 records - but I don't see a duplicate email address. Now I added other fields to be uploaded but I would not expect a duplicate check on those fields (i.e. first name).
icon

Best answer by SuzyBates 28 June 2019, 20:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

were did you get the csv file. When you download from the directory this could happen, and we can see some fields blank, but with the header of another column. In that case just clic on the header and select ignore the column. If this is not the case maybe with more information we can discover what is happening
I am creating this csv from an excel file of contact info. I am uploading it to a contact list.
I am using the same master excel file to create separate contact lists and the uploading those lists. I uploaded 1 - worked perfectly. I tried another and I get the Duplicate Field. I looked through the emails and there are no dups. I did add additional fields to this contact file to be uploaded - and have had no issues w/ the first list I created. Is there a way to 'see' the duplicate fields that the is error is referencing?
I loaded the files in chunks of 50 recipients at a time. When I ran into an error, I broke that file down. I ended up with 10 of 300 that would load - even as a single record file. I then put all of the 'duplicate' records in one file and uploaded them... successfully! I still have no idea why I had this problem but with time and perseverance, all of the contacts got loaded.

Leave a Reply