Display logic not working on one question | XM Community
Solved

Display logic not working on one question

Badge +2
Hi, am a newbie of 3 surveys using Qualtrics.
Question: I have created a display logic for one question but it just does not work (all the other ones work fine...). I have removed it, refreshed the page etc. but it still does not work. Any idea what could be going on before I call the Qualtrics gods 😉 ?
Many thanks
Anne-Laure
icon

Best answer by KendraR 17 July 2019, 17:18

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Perhaps the logic doesn't actually do what you intend it to do. Post a description of your intention along with a screen shot of the display logic.
Badge +2
Hi Tom,
The intention was to send participants who had answered 'no' to a question to the next lot of questions that is relevant to them. So I went to the question where I want them to land and added display logic! I attach pic of the first question and of the landing question.
Now, for some reason, participants land on question 8.3 which has no logic or command other than force response.

This is the only place in the questionnaire where this happens. Everywhere else, it's working fine 😎
Anne-Laure

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Your post only includes a picture of the first question. Since Q7.1 is in its own block, you probably need to use survey flow branch logic so only Q7.1 'Yes' answers see the next block and Q7.1 'No' answers skip to a subsequent block.

Display logic is only relevant to the question it is attached to. If a question doesn't have display logic all respondents will see it. So, you really can't use display logic to specify a "landing question" in the way you are attempting.
Badge +2
Ok, thought I had attached both pics: so here is the pic of the question where they should land if they answered 'yes' at 7.1.....!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @AnneLaure_19 said:
> Ok, thought I had attached both pics: so here is the pic of the question where they should land if they answered 'yes' at 7.1.....!
>

According to that display logic, only respondents that selected 'No' in Q7.1 will see Q9.1. That display logic has no bearing on any other questions (i.e., whether or not respondents see the questions in between Q7.1 and Q9.1).
Badge +2
Sorry, I mean if they answered 'no' at 7.1....
Badge +2
Sorry, not sure I understand... I've used the same type of display logic for all the questions I needed to move people on and this is the only one where I'm stuck...
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @AnneLaure_19 said:
> Sorry, not sure I understand... I've used the same type of display logic for all the questions I needed to move people on and this is the only one where I'm stuck...
>

I don't know how else to explain it. I could be wrong, but it seems like you've misunderstood how display logic works and just got lucky on the other questions.
Badge +2
Fair enough! I'll live and learn!
Many thanks for your time and patience...
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @AnneLaure_19! Just wanted to jump in here and mention that if you haven't already, I would suggest reaching out to our Support Team so they can walk through your specific setup with you! 😃

Leave a Reply