Can a survey have multiple submissions for one respondent? | XM Community
Solved

Can a survey have multiple submissions for one respondent?

• 9 July 2019
  • 4 replies

At the end of the survey, there is a question that asks something like, Do you have a second submission? If yes, then they will do the survey for a second time (not overwriting the 1st submission). If no, then it will be the end of the survey. My user's question is how do you set up the survey to allow the respondent to fill out the survey the 2nd time without having to start over by clicking the link again?
icon

Best answer by w.patrick.gale 9 July 2019, 21:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
If you have a simple survey with one block then the easiest thing to do is add a Yes/No response at the end of the block saying something like 'Do you want to submit another response?" and if they answer Yes then use the Loop and Merge to loop back through the survey block (any number of times).

The Loop and Merge tutorial can be found at https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/
Thank you. I will pass on the information.
I have read the loop and merge information and am still a little lost. If my last question says "Do you want to submit another response" can its loop back to say question 3? Does its loop backwards? I couldn't figure out where to put what question to loop back to if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Cara The loop starts back at the beginning of the survey block since that is what a loop and merge is applied to. I you want to only show questions for a selected loop then you can add display logic (after you create the loop and merge for your block) that only shows the question for a selected loop.

Leave a Reply