Data & Analysis + Contact List | XM Community
Solved

Data & Analysis + Contact List

• 14 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, I want to know if we can pull a combined report using Survey response data along with the data loaded in the contacts. We load few additional columns in the contacts list and want to combine the report from survey result along with the data already loaded in contacts. Is it possible?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by TomG 14 July 2019, 21:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The easiest solution is to include the additional contact data as embedded data fields in your survey (just add them to the survey flow and don't assign a value...it will be populated from the contact list). Then the contact data is part of your response data. It does take a bit of advanced planning.
Thanks Tom, I have added additional data points in Embedded data but I am unable to fetch this data in report. Can you please help on your comment. How to include Embedded data fields in response data report?

'Then the contact data is part of your response data'

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @gagan_lumba said:
> Thanks Tom, I have added additional data points in Embedded data but I am unable to fetch this data in report. Can you please help on your comment. How to include Embedded data fields in response data report?
>
> 'Then the contact data is part of your response data'
>
> Thanks

You have to add the Embedded data fields in the Contact List as embedded data fields in the survey flow. However, the approach only works it you do it before you collect survey responses. Hence my comment about advanced planning.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8

NOTE: it won't allow you to pull in the 5 (now 6) reserved fields though. You'll want to make a new embedded data field = to the reserved fields to use those data points.

Leave a Reply