Embedding the 1st question into a non-Qualtrics survey? | XM Community
Solved

Embedding the 1st question into a non-Qualtrics survey?

• 15 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi everyone!
I understand from Qualtrics support that it is POSSIBLE to embed the first survey question into an email that is NOT generated through Qualtrics. But they won't tell me how 🙂 Has anyone done this, and if so - can you please share how? Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 15 July 2019, 17:39

View original

6 replies

Badge +4
@ahsrabstein: you can insert question into an email invite using inline pipe question functionality.
!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
@Alok_Painuly - thanks for your reply. I was talking about doing so with an email that is NOT through Qualtrics. So, using our typical email vendor, not generating emails within the Qualtrics platform. Do you know how to do it in that case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ashrabstein - You should be able to do this by...

1. First create an invite email with the question embedded in Qualtrics (keep reading)
2. Click the source button to see the HTML code created that embeds the question.
3. Copy the appropriate part of the code and paste it as HTML with your email vendor. I haven't tested this, but it should work in theory.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
That's interesting! Thanks so much, @akdashboard! I'll try this out and let you know if that works 🙂
Badge

ashrabstein - Did this work for you? I want to do the same! thank you.

Badge +2

Akdashboard - I tried your 3 step approach mentioned above and copied the appropriate part of the code and pasted it as HTML with a non-Qualtrics email server, but it did not work. Just wondering if there is a missing part of the code to tell the non-Qualtrics email server to point to the survey intended and then connect to the question and choice ID number?
ashrabstein - did you manage to get this to work for you?
Thanks!

Leave a Reply