Send Individual Link to list with Primary and Secondary Emails | XM Community
Solved

Send Individual Link to list with Primary and Secondary Emails

• 19 July 2019
  • 3 replies

We have a distribution list where some participants have secondary email addresses, along with their primary email addresses. We need to use individual links to track the responses back to the participant, but we want to send the same link for the individual to both the primary and secondary email. Ideally just as part of the same distro list / same scheduled reminders / etc.

Sorry if this has already been answered - searched the board and couldn't find an answer.
icon

Best answer by TomG 21 July 2019, 02:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I don't think there is a built-in way to do this. To do it manually, you could download the distribution history to get the links, then match primary emails to secondary emails and email the links to the secondary emails. You could write a script using the Qualtrics API to automate the process.
Thanks for much for your reply. The challenge I see with what you're proposing is that we'd have to do it for every reminder as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @molofson said:
> Thanks for much for your reply. The challenge I see with what you're proposing is that we'd have to do it for every reminder as well.

Yep, all the more reason to automate it using the API.

Leave a Reply