Slider Labels - Different Labels on Both Sides of Slider | XM Community
Solved

Slider Labels - Different Labels on Both Sides of Slider

• 29 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hello - I'm trying to create a survey using a slider, but need to have two labels (one on each side) and not able to figure out how to do that. I'm still new to using Qualtrics and have almost zero CSS knowledge, so hoping someone can help me or direct me to a tool/resource that can teach me how to do this.

Thanks in advance,
allen

!
icon

Best answer by TomG 13 August 2019, 16:59

View original

7 replies

Badge +1
Hi aurness,

Instead of using slider if you can achieve the above requirement by using Bi-polar Matrix Type question.

!

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bhushan
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Bhushan - this would normally work, but in this case I need to have the granularity that the slider provides to feed a calculation. Thanks for sharing this, I'll keep it in mind for future needs.

Allen
Hi @Bhushan, I had the same issue and I solved it like this, using labels:

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@aurness,

Do you want something like this?
!

You can't do it with CSS. You have to use JS.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi @TomG, yes this is what I'm looking for - especially since I have statements instead of single words. Is there a resource you can direct me to where I can learn how to program questions like this? I'm still fairly new with Qualtrics and have zero JS training, but tend to be a quick learner...if I know where to look. Thanks for working through this with me, I really appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @aurness said:
> Hi @TomG, yes this is what I'm looking for - especially since I have statements instead of single words. Is there a resource you can direct me to where I can learn how to program questions like this? I'm still fairly new with Qualtrics and have zero JS training, but tend to be a quick learner...if I know where to look. Thanks for working through this with me, I really appreciate it.

w3schools has tutorials for learning JavaScript and jQuery. You can search StackOverflow and the Qualtrics Community for examples of specific solutions.

Statements vs words won't really matter all that much. You may need to add some padding so the left and right statements don't run into each other.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks @TomG - I'll start researching JS and jQuery now, in hopes to get these question types set up correctly. Thanks again for directing me to these tools, hopefully I'll be able to figure it out sooner than later.

Leave a Reply