How do you test the default question non editable and not show up in the report? | XM Community
Question

How do you test the default question non editable and not show up in the report?

• 1 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I am trying to create bipolar using side by side question type since we have the non accessible question types turned off. The side by side option I was told was accessible but I want to make sure that the default question that I put in the question could not be changed by the survey taker and I don't want them to show up on the report to match the bipolar reporting.
!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm afraid I don't really understand your question. What part in your example are you not wanting to allow the survey-taker to change? What part are you not wanting to show up in your report?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I don't want the user to change the text that is in the right column and I don't want it to show up on the report.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Linda_charlton,

You could make right input boxes read only, but you can't prevent them from showing up in a report. Besides, changing answers into labels defeats the purpose of using an accessible question type (I'm pretty sure it will no longer be accessible - although the accessibility checker won't know the difference).
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
How would you make the input boxes read only? I was told that this would make the question accessible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I believe you were mislead, but here is how to make the boxes read only:
```
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .InputText").prop("readonly", true);
```
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Where do you put that code? I cannot get it to work
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Linda_charlton said:
> Where do you put that code? I cannot get it to work

Inside the addOnload function under Add JavaScript...

Leave a Reply