Randomizing groups unevenly | XM Community
Solved

Randomizing groups unevenly

• 5 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hey everyone,

I have a survey where I need to randomize respondents into two groups at a rate of 2:1. The only difference between the two groups is in one question. Everything else stays the same. But I also need to make sure that I have no more than 400 people in one group and 800 in the other. How do I set this up?

I used survey flow to randomly display one of two question blocks and I setup the randomizer to do 2:1 assignment. I also set up quotas for each group. But the randomizer won't take into account the quota information. So it could randomize a respondent to a group that is already full and ends up redirecting them to the end of the survey (instead of assigning them to the group that is not full yet). How can I get the randomizer to take the quotas into account?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 5 August 2019, 23:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You're on the right track! Just use a branch before the randomizer to make sure the quota is not met. If you need an example, there is an excellent one here:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/3050/randomization-and-quotas-of-scenarios
Thank you! That solves the problem.

Leave a Reply