Using live results to only show top responses from a list | XM Community
Solved

Using live results to only show top responses from a list

• 13 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Hello community! I created a game to test people's knowledge on recycling. At the end they'll see their personal score as a percentage, and a link to a report with live results. As I'm trying to foster some competition currently my live results show the average percentage for each of 9 organizations. From my demographic questions I will also know which specific buildings respondents work in, however my building list is very long (100+) and I don't want to show the whole building list in live results. Is there a way to create a bar chart in Results-Reports that only shows a live update of the top 5 buildings with the highest scores? Since the top buildings would presumably change as more results come in, it has to be responsive to that.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by KendraR 9 September 2019, 20:01

View original

3 replies

Hey mariannedawson, we are also looking to create a game and show real-time results. What template did you use to create the game format and do you have any tips or tricks?
Badge +1
Hi @DCMT, my game is all multiple choice and I followed the attached instructions to add scoring (which does include other options besides multiple choice). I chose the End of Survey Summary in order to show the participant their personal score at the end rather than after each question.

I created a report (Reports-Reports) to display a bar chart of the average scores for each organization (which was a question I asked at the beginning). I added a link to this report in my End of Survey message, which will appear right above the scores.

I hope that's helpful for you!
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @mariannedawson! Just wanted to let you know that there is no built-in way to have your report automatically update with only the top 5 buildings in this way. Although you can sort the graph to show the top buildings, you won't be able to limit it to five. If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is not a functionality developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea! 😀

Leave a Reply