Filter Public Reports | XM Community
Solved

Filter Public Reports

• 11 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
There doesn't seem to be a default setting that allows viewers of public reports to filter the results. Does anyone have a clever work-around or suggestion for enabling public filtering? A client wants to filter the results of a public report I made for them by date. They personally don't have a Qualtrics account, and it seems extremely cumbersome to rerun the report anytime they have a request, which is fairly frequently.
icon

Best answer by Matt_Christie_Walker 11 April 2018, 22:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Sorry Kurt, I'm not aware of any clever hacks to enable dynamic filtering at run-time on a public report created in Research Core. You mentioned they want to filter results by date - is there a way for you build a version of your report that shows the information already grouped by date? Then perhaps they could reference or lookup the piece of data they need? (Not sure if this is a great suggestion given I don't know your exact situation, but maybe it will spark an idea??)

Is enabling Vocalize and adding the user there an option for your organization?
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi Matt, thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping to create something that was self-service. Unfortunately, our organization doesn't have Vocalize and there are limited seats available on our Research Core account, so neither option is viable.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Has anyone figured out how to do this since it was posted? I am working on a project that could greatly benefit from dynamic filters in the report.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Kurt! If you have not yet already, I'd recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Hey there, does anyone knows if this feature exists already? Or has anyone figured out a work around by now?

@uhrxx005 , @NickVEIC, were you able to do it?

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
@Vitorrm, no solution that allows for dynamic filtering that I'm aware of (aside from the related work around mentioned earlier in this thread). Good luck!
I find it interesting that having a dynamic filter in the public reports, such as for dates, is not yet a feature. Does anyone know if this has been requested as a feature, and if this is already in the pipeline to be expected as an update soon? Thank you!
Badge

Any updates on this. I am having the same issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Liz_Franklin To the best of my knowledge there is still no way to allow dynamic filtering of public reports. The Qualtrics Dashboard feature can do it, but everyone who accesses a dashboard needs a Qualtrics log in which makes that not viable for many situations.

Leave a Reply